Hily Dating App Review
What’s the deal with Hily — the dating app that is supposedly rising on the “most downloaded” charts?
In addition to trying out the Hily app for ourselves, we scoured the internet for in-depth reviews from other Hily users. Here’s a quick but complete summary of our findings.
How Does Hily Work?
Hily notifies you whenever someone likes your profile (no waiting til you like theirs to know if it’s mutual).
How Much Does Hily Cost?
Is Hily free? Well, yes and no.
Hily does have a free version, but they push their paid premium service, Hily Elixir, so much during the sign up that it can be a bit tricky to navigate to their free option.
Hily Elixir offers a lot of the same kind of features you get with other dating app premium packages like Tinder Plus and Bumble Boost. So if you already like upgrading for better perks, Hily Elixir could be a great fit.
Note: Signing up for the free 7-day trial of Hily Elixir automatically opts you into the most expensive pay-by-the-week package Hily offers though, so you’ll get a much better value if you switch to a longer term plan after your trial.
Hily Dating App PROS
• Catfish free — Setting up a Hily account requires you to link your Facebook or Snapchat, submit a live photo, or send a photo of your ID. These requirements make it much harder for scammers or bots to create profiles.
• Hily uses AI to determine compatibility & block offensive messages. Hily’s machine learning helps to identify and show you users with similar interests and taste. The more you use the app, the better this feature works. Hily also claims its AI blocks inappropriate messages and the infamous dick pic.
Hily Dating App CONS
• Anyone can send you a chat request, even if you haven’t liked their profile. Hily may have precautions in place against very inappropriate messages, but it can feel like a waste of time to field message invites from people you aren’t interested in connecting with.
• Cancelling your Hily Elixir subscription is not super straightforward. You not only have to follow the steps to cancel your subscription in the Hily app, you also have to go to the App Store (or Google Play for Android) and suspend your subscription there in order to avoid getting charged. Some users have been frustrated with this unclear, two-step process.
• Baby, it’s a man’s world. Even though it’s not explicitly stated, Hily feels like an app made by men, for men. Provocative and damsel-in-distress imagery throughout the sign up experience and the option to roam the app for an affair feels out of touch with what a lot of women want in a dating app.
Overall Takeaway: ✔️
Hily has some unique features that set it apart from other dating apps so it’s worth a try. It’s also a fairly new app, so we hope their interface will improve over time.
How to Attract the Best People on Hily?
Seriously, you can’t underestimate how much good pics matter — on ANY date app. With the wrong pic, you can end up with 0 matches. The right pic can change your dating life completely.
Test your dating pics on Photofeeler to make sure you’re using your best ones.