Our Complete Happn Review
We perused Happn user reviews and compiled the most important info. Here’s a quick but complete summary of our findings.
How Does Happn Work?
Happn works differently than other dating apps. Happn only shows people who have recently been in the same general location as you.
Wait…Does this mean we can finally realize our goal of having a real-life meet-cute in a grocery store?
What Does Happn Cost?
Happn Premium costs $24.99/month, but you can get a better deal by committing to a whole year.
Happn Dating App PROS
• Chance encounters feel possible again. Ok, so it’s not really chance, but seeing people online who you may have brushed past at the gas station feels more exciting and organic than traditional dating apps.
• Happn makes it harder for scammers and bots to make accounts. You must have a Facebook account in order to create a Happn profile. This requirement makes it much harder for scammers to hack in and create fake profiles.
• Connecting feels easier than other dating apps. It already takes the pressure off of coming up with the perfect opening line when you know you were just in the same place. Simple location-specific questions like “Hey, Trader Joe’s run today? Have you tried the mesquite almonds yet?” feel appropriate on this app.
If you’re not into messaging at all, Happn lets you send voice messages or Spotify songs right in chat. You can even set a status with an activity you’re “up for” that will help get things moving off the app and IRL.
Happn Dating App CONS
• Matching is based strictly on your proximity to other people, not interests, values, personality, or any other factor. Sure, you can still choose who to like or say hello to, but you could be missing out on the love child of George Clooney and Scarlett Johansson because they’re one too many blocks away.
• Small-town singles may run out of potential matches FAST. Geo-targeted matching isn’t ideal if you’re more rural, and already know (in the biblical way) every single within the 250 mile happn radius.
• Safety can be an issue, in fact Happn has been called “a stalker’s dream”. If things go south after you’ve been chatting, it can be unsettling to know you could easily run into your previous matches at your usual haunts. This could merely be awkward, but there’s also a possibility users could have some unwanted and unsafe encounters.
Overall takeaway: ✔️
Happn is a pretty cool dating app, and can be a refreshing change from the endless swiping of Tinder and Bumble. It’s definitely worth a try — just be mindful of potentially seeing an unsavory match after you break it off.
How to Guarantee You’ll Get “Hello”s on Happn??
Seriously, you can’t underestimate how much good pics matter — on ANY date app. With the wrong pic, you can end up with 0 matches. The right pic can change your dating life completely.
Test your dating pics on Photofeeler to make sure you’re using your best ones.