Dollar Shave Club Reviews
Dollar Shave Club strives to keep you looking your studliest by routinely mailing razors and cartridges to your door so you never run out of sharp blades and have to schlep to the store or resort to stealing your girlfriend’s (ahem!).
Since Dollar Shave Club’s launch in 2011, other brands like Gillette and Harry’s hopped on the bandwagon of grooming subscriptions geared toward businessmen and lumbersexuals alike.
Does Dollar Shave Club still hold up? Is it worth shelving your current razor and giving them a try?
I read ALL the Dollar Shave Club reviews and compiled them here so you can make a decision and get back to analyzing the weird way your facial hair grows in that one spot (I KNOW you all do this).
What Does Dollar Shave Club Cost?
“The Executive” is $9/month for four six-blade cartridges (which comes out to roughly $2.25/week). “The 4X” is $6/month for four four-blade cartridges (about $1.50/week). The handle comes free in your first box with both options. No membership fees, you only pay for the products.
Dollar Shave Club also offers all the essentials in manly grooming, from hair products to toothpaste. If you want to check out a little of everything, you’ll get a sampler of trial-sized items along with your razor in your first box ($15 for 8 total items). If you liked everything and don’t make any changes to your order, you will automatically be sent the same items in full sizes two weeks later ($48.88).
Dollar Shave Club Perks (PROS)
• Super convenient. The most obvious win with Dollar Shave Club’s subscription is that it helps keep your personal grooming on point with very little effort and memory on your part.
• Good value: Club members report saving money not only on their razors, but also on some of the additional grooming products (eg. hair paste, shaving butter) without compromising on quality.
• Transparent and flexible. Dollar Shave Club reviews praise their customer service, saying they make it easy and hassle free to modify orders, cancel subscriptions, and more. They also stand true to their promise of no hidden costs or fees.
• Referral program! Similar to Threadbeast, Dollar Shave Club has a sweet referral program. You get a $5 credit applied to your account for every friend you refer to Dollar Shave Club.
Dollar Shave Club Drawbacks (CONS)
• You get what you pay for, more or less. Many users have complained that the razors are somewhat lower in quality than what they were used to.
• No eco-friendly options — It would be cool if a trendy and progressive company like Dollar Shave Club offered some sustainable alternatives to disposable razor blade cartridges, or biodegradable packaging of their grooming products, but we don’t see any efforts to this end on their site.
• Only geared toward men — Some users wish there were products available specifically designed for women.
• Not enough customization for shipments: Many users wish there was more flexibility with the shipment frequency of their replacement blades. The standard plan sends you four blades/month, and the Not So Hairy Plan sends them every other month. Other than these two options, you can only choose to pause your membership for up to three months or cancel altogether.
Overall Takeaway: ✅ 👍
Given the savings and convenience, I think the Dollar Shave Club reviews speak highly enough that it’s worth a try, either for yourself or it would make a cool gift for your dad or that groomsman you **really** want to take the hint and shave that patchy “beard” before your wedding.
Wish You Had Someone Special To Stroke Your Newly Smooth Face?
It comes down to your PICS, my friend.
Getting more swipes on Tinder is proven to be based on the impression your photos make, like it or not.
The right photos can completely transform your online dating experience overnight and take you from zero good matches to way more than you can handle. (This is not an exaggeration! We’ve seen it happen.)
Test your pics on Photofeeler and be confident that you’re showing women your best side! Choosing a profile pic this way has been known to increase matches on Tinder by 200-400%.