Thinking about upgrading to an OkCupid A-List subscription? Wondering if it’s worth it? This article breaks down OkCupid A-List’s paid features, what it costs, and more.
OkCupid A-List Price
OkCupid has dynamic pricing, so the price varies person-to-person. The price you get depends on factors like your gender, location, age, or attractiveness. Reddit has examples of OkCupid users paying below $5/month, though that’s not typical.
Some sample prices in the ballpark of what you can expect:
$19.95/month for 1 month
$14.95/month for 3 months
$9.95/month for 6 months
$34.90/month per 1 month
$29.90/month per 3 months
$24.90/month per 6 months
Features You Get With OkCupid A-List
1. Ad-free experience
2. You can change your username once per month
3. More search options (such as body type and attractiveness)
4. See a full list of everyone who has already liked you
5. You can visit profiles invisibly AND see your visitor’s list at the same time
6. You get a bigger mailbox, with storage for 5,000 messages
7. You can check if your sent messages have been read yet or not
8. More message filter options
Features You Get With OkCupid Premium A-List
You get all of the above features, plus:
1. One free profile boost per day (placing you at the top of the matches page and in quick-match) at a time OkCupid deems busy
2. See other people’s answers to questions before you answer
3. Your messages go to the top of everyone’s mailbox
4. You can see and be seen by more attractive matches
Do You Get More Messages/Dates Using OkCupid A-List?
We gathered some information across the web to see if we could determine a tangible outcome from using OkCupid A-List.
Those who said they received more messages and/or went on more dates didn’t experience a shocking difference — something along the lines of a 10% increase. Others said their experience was about the same as before.
The bottom line seems to be: A-List gives you a “God view” of OkCupid and a leg-up in terms of being seen. But, ultimately, if people don’t find your profile attractive, you’re not any better off than you were before.
Is OkCupid A-List Worth It?
Here’s what it comes down to.
OkCupid A-List is worth it if: you understand what features you’re buying and plan to put them to good use.
OkCupid A-List is not worth it if: you assume more exposure = more messages and dates.
With a bad profile and OkCupid A-List, it’s possible you’ll just be rejected more and faster.
On the other hand, it’s possible to be extremely successful on OkCupid’s free version if you have an optimized profile.
Look: You don’t have to be Ryan Gosling to be considered highly attractive online. You just have to know how to sell you well.
Answer? Test your pics on Photofeeler. Choosing profile pics this way has been known to increase Tinder matches by 200-400%.