So what’s the deal with the Hinge app?
Since it’s relaunch, Hinge has been calling itself the “relationship app.”
But is it really so different from Tinder?
Worth the space on your phone to add to your dating arsenal?
We foraged the internet for real reviews and information so you don’t have to.
What people love about the Hinge app [PROS]
• Hinge makes it clear it’s for relationships, not hookups, which puts everybody on the same page.
• Hinge profiles have style and substance. Hinge CEO explains: “It’s like Instagram profiles for dating, and in beta testing, has driven five times the conversations.”
• Rather than swiping, you interact with the dater’s profile content directly. The profiles scroll really naturally into photos, videos, and info about the person. When you come across something cool in a profile, you can heart or comment on it to get the conversation moving straight away.
• Hinge uses your Facebook data to match you with people who have mutual friends while avoiding awkward ex and family ties.
What people don’t like about the Hinge app [CONS]
• While you can trial the Hinge app for a while, you’ll eventually be asked to pay the $7 monthly membership fee.
• People online mention seeing a lot of the same people on Hinge, Tinder, and Bumble.
• Some users have had trouble getting their Facebook info to display the way they want it to on Hinge.
Overall takeaway: ✔️ 👍
All that having been said… we found much more good feedback than bad about the Hinge app.
We think it’s a good find for people seeking a long-term relationship who don’t want to mess around with people who aren’t serious. And for those who want a little more substance in their profiles.
How to guarantee you’ll meet someone great on Hinge
Test your dating pics on Photofeeler to make sure they are 👌.
Studies show that people are terrible at picking flattering photos of themselves. And nowhere is that more evident than on dating sites/apps.
Photofeeler tells you how you’re coming across in pics. That way, you only use your best ones. (And you might be shocked at which ones those are!)