Dating Profile Writing Service Review: ProfilePro, eFlirt, Pimp My Profile, Hidden Gem, Profile Polish, More
Blank profile seem daunting? Should you just stay in bed this weekend and hire an online dating profile writing service to do it for you?
Or is it a waste of money?
We combed through reviews on the internet, and here’s the general consensus that we found.
What You Should Know About Hiring a Profile Writer
• If you have *no idea* what to write about yourself, you’re much better off paying for help than avoiding dating and staying unhappily alone.
• If the money isn’t a huge obstacle for you, you might think of it as letting someone else get your “first draft” out of the way. That way, even in a worst case scenario (i.e. you hate what they wrote), you can avoid blank screen anxiety by just editing their words.
• Profiles can cost $50 to several hundred dollars. And if you’re broke, spending any amount of money on this sort thing will sting a little.
• In order to write your profile, the writer has to ask you about yourself. Answering questions about yourself can be just as hard as writing the profile yourself.
• According to our sources on Reddit and blogs, the results can often be cheesy, generic, or sound fake. A lot of people feel that they could have done better themselves if they put some effort in.
What Works Better Than Hiring a Profile Writer?
Look. Here’s the truth. Your written profile doesn’t matter as much as you think. It’s a great opportunity to tell potential dates some things about yourself, but even an amazing written profile will never make up for bad photos.
That first impression people get from your photos is too powerful. It outweighs everything else.
What’s even worse: studies show that people are terrible at picking flattering photos of themselves. And nowhere is that more evident than on dating sites/apps.
Solution? Test your pics on Photofeeler.
Photofeeler tells you how you’re coming across in pics. That way, you only use your best ones on dating sites/apps. (And you might be shocked at which ones those are!)